Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bike Trip Cesky Krumlov, Czeck Republic


We joined our bike trip, Vermont Biking Trip (VBT) yesterday.
Yesterday was a short 8 mile warm up ride outside Cesky, today out towards the country outside of Cesky. Basically you settled in a hotel for 2 days and then ride around the area returning to the hotel. We are a group of 16, all from the states, all great folks and many participants that ride alot. For one couple, this is their 8th VBT trip, another their 4th. I was joking around saying that a least there's proof that VBT gets all the riders to the end. Today's trip was a total of 27 miles, which Glenn accomplished amazingly. By the way, this easy trip rating had lots of hills today. I (Roz) took advantage of the Headstart ride, which was a van ride to the top of the beginning first hill, and caught another ride up a hill. I promise you, I did plenty enough hills today, the proof is in my butt, only few miles less than Glenn. The scenery is amazing beautiful, great way to see a country. Wish I could have taken more pictures, but I was too busy trying to breathe riding up hill on the bike. The guides promised us this was the hardest day. Tomorrow off to catch a train and then ride across the German border that is only open to bike and foot traffic, closed in 1944. Got to go, soooooo tired and it hurts to sit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment